A Day at the Fair
Every year in the last week of August we have the Great Minnesota Get Together, otherwise known as the Minnesota State Fair. This year I spent the day with the Twin Cities Sisters in Crime on Read & Ride Day, sponsored by MELSA.
We throw a bunch of crime writers in a booth with their books and hope we are stampeded by adoring fans or at least interested readers. This year a llama wandered by (probably taking a walk from the 4-H barn) and stopped to pose with me and my book, Down Dog Diary.
It was quite the treat since there are llamas (some of my favorite creatures) in Down Dog Diary, but they don’t do any yoga or crime fighting in my book. Like this one, they just stand around looking cool and letting people ooh and aah over them.
Warrior’s Revenge: New Maya Skye Mystery Available
Threatening messages from a dead man send yoga teacher Maya and reporter Peter Jorn down a trail of betrayal, revenge, and grief that ultimately will test Maya’s own depths of forgiveness as she and Jorn face an opponent not only bent on revenge—but murder.
Maya’s entire family is drawn into this one. From a scavenger hunt in Paris to a tent revival in her own backyard in Minnesota, the past is coming back with a vengeance, and it is bringing out the warrior in Maya.
This Minnesota mystery with a yoga spirit is book two in the Maya Skye series.
Some Things You Ought to Know about Maya
- Yoga teacher Maya Skye’s search for inner peace is regularly interrupted by mayhem. She won’t back down from a fight.
- Her stories blend adventure, humor, Native American lore, and Zen attitude.
- Her adventures are perfect for you if you love mysteries with strong heroines and unforgettable characters. Or you love yoga. Or you just love Minnesota.
Pick up your copy today. Available in paperback and ebook.
- Order from Amazon
- Order from Barnes and Noble
- Order from Kobo
- Order Paperback from Osmyrrah Publishing
(Use discount code HBL6ARQF to save 20%)
Down Dog Diary Named as a SELF-e Select Title
Cupcakes for everyone. DOWN DOG DIARY was chosen as a SELF-e Select title in the Mystery category by Library Journal. The SELF-e program is a new program by Library Journal to provide curated suggestions to libraries of self-published work. The goal is to connect indies, libraries and readers. This is a big deal for me. The big deal is curation, having a recognized trade publication give my book a 5-star thumbs up. When so many review places are closed to independent publishing, this program is a bright spot and I hope it encourages libraries and librarians to explore more independent work.
For more info on the SELF-e program, click here.
What Are My Books About?
My books are about justice. As Martin Luther King Jr. said, “The time is always right to do what is right.” So, my characters struggle with choices and with finding goodness and doing good when it is not always easy. We all want, most of all, inner peace and love. My wish for you is that you find both—and along the way, enjoy a good book or two.
What’s Happening in Sherry’s Life
- This election year has driven me to the kitchen, and I hate cooking. Read more>
- I’m fascinated with big numbers. Show me the biggest of anything, and I am there. Read more >
- Being a writer, I am always wondering, where does all the creative stuff come from? Don’t you? Read more >
- On my bike ride yesterday, I saw a neighbor had installed a free little library. It is an exact replica of his Tudor-style home. Read more about free little libraries >
Give My Books a Spin
Read an excerpt from Warrior’s Revenge now.
Read an excerpt from Down Dog Diary now.
Read an excerpt from Book of Mercy now.
Read an excerpt from Maud’s House now.