If you’ve enjoyed an Indie author’s work, you can be a big help by taking a few minutes to post a review on the book’s Amazon.com page. Without the name recognition of best-selling authors, Indie authors are at a disadvantage when it comes to getting people to purchase their work. It’s a huge help to have reviews on the book’s Amazon.com page. The reviews give prospective purchasers a sense of how real readers reacted to the book.
Here’s a quick rundown of how you can make a big difference in a short time.
- Visit the author’s Amazon.com page. For this example, we’ll use Book of Mercy by Sherry Roberts: http://www.amazon.com/Book-Mercy-Sherry-Roberts/dp/0963888048/
- LIKE IT: If you liked the book, click the orange “Liked” icon below the book title.
- SHARE IT: If you want to tell others about the book (please do), hover your mouse over the “Liked” icon and click the email, Facebook, or Twitter icons that pop up to share this book with your friends and followers.
- REVIEW IT: Scroll down to the Review section of the page and click the “Create your own review” button. Enter a rating for the book, give your review a title, then enter your review. Don’t be bashful. This is not intended to be a complete scholarly review. All that is required is a few sentences of honest reaction by a real reader. Just tell others why you liked the book.
- TAG IT: Down below the Review section, is the Tags section. This is a list of keywords that other readers associate with this book. Please check those tags you agree with, or enter your own tags. These tags make it easier for readers searching in these categories to discover this book. Finally, click on “Agree with these tags?” before you leave this section. That registers your choices.
Thank you. You’ve been a big help.